03.05.2023 – 14:00 Updated on 03.05.2023 – 14:00
Making authentic Italian-style thin and crispy pizza dough is very easy. Mix the ingredients, knead, let it rest and stretch. And ready. If you want to learn how to make a homemade pizza dough base to create your favorite ingredient combinations, in this guide we explain how to achieve it in just four steps. And we will tell you what is the best trick of Carlos Argignano, so that the dough comes out thin and crispy. The secret? The thickness of the dough depends on one ingredient.
Ingredients for making Italian pizza dough
To make an authentic recipe for thin and crispy Italian pizza dough, you need to have only four basic ingredients on the table that you definitely have at home.
- 400 grams of flour. Which one to choose? Your favorite. It can be normal, firm, special for pizza or even other varieties, for example, for flour flour.
- 200 milliliters of water at a time
- a pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil, as required by the dough
- And the yeast? There is a package of questions. If you want to get a thin and crispy pizza dough, you should do without this ingredient, because the main job of the yeast is to swell the dough. Therefore, if this time you want to make the base of the pizza very thin, you should remove this ingredient from the list of ingredients.
What’s the trick to perfect batter?
Before you get to work, remember that the key to making pizza dough that’s left 10 lies in two stages of the cooking process:
- On the one hand, in the kneading
- On the other hand, when stretching the dough
In the following sections, you can consult in detail the best way to perform these two steps to get the perfect recipe.
How to make homemade pizza dough
After putting all the ingredients on the table, the first thing to do is wash your hands. Making pizza dough is a manual process, in which the kneading must be done by hand, so it is very important to wash your hands well and any gaps between your nails to ensure that no food remains. soiled without residue.
- You should start mixing the ingredients with very clean hands. That’s why The first thing to do is get a large bowl. The best thing is that it is made of glass and that there is a lot of space so that you can knead comfortably and the dough rests quietly.
- Put all the flour, a pinch of salt, oil and water in a bowl. That is, all the ingredients. With everything in the bowl, it’s time to knead. A little trick. To make the task as comfortable as possible, it is ideal to knead with one hand and leave the other free in case you have to grab something or open a drawer. In this way, you avoid smearing the entire kitchen.
- The kneading process is very simple.. You just need to start mixing the ingredients in the bowl by hand until a homogeneous and homogeneous mass begins to form. Once the ingredients begin to come together and form a cohesive dough, begin to combine, applying light pressure to the dough to ensure it is fully integrated. Press the dough, fold in half and press again. So as long as there is a compact and uniform ball.
- After getting this dough, you need to cover the bowl. There are two ways to do this. On one side, with a polyethylene film that covers the container. Or for another, take a clean cloth, dampen it under the tap and cover the bowl completely. In this second version, you need to put the cloth in such a way that it comes into contact with the dough so that it becomes moist. You can use any of the two methods that are more convenient for you.
- did this you have to wait about an hour for the dough to rest. As with any pastry recipe, the key to making a good dough is the rest of the time. If you don’t let the dough rest and sit, neither the texture nor the taste will be good.
- After the dough has rested, you need to remove it from the bowl because you need to stretch it. To do this, the ideal thing to do before removing it from the bowl is to sprinkle some flour on the surface to prevent it from sticking.
- Put the ball of dough on the surface and take the kitchen rolling pin to stretch it. One more little trick for this stage. A good stretching should be done in parts so that all parts of the dough are stretched evenly. The following procedure is as follows:
- Take the dough and mentally divide it into two parts, top and bottom. We roll the upper half of the dough from the middle. And then the floor. After stretching and flattening the dough a little, it should be turned over to knead the other side. But at the same time, when you turn it over and change the face to knead, you need to turn the dough, stretch it in the opposite direction of the previous one. In other words, the dough should be turned over and turned 90 degrees so that the parts that were left on the sides of the dough during the first stretching are stretched. And so on until you find the ideal dough thickness.
Once you have it, you put the dough on a baking tray lined with paper, top it with the ingredients you want and bake. Cooking should be done for about 20 minutes at an average temperature of 200 degrees. You can see the recipe for Arguiñano thin vegetable pizza dough step by step in the following video:
If you want to read more news, like Argignano’s trick to making authentic thin and crispy Italian pizza dough recipeWe recommend that you enter a category Nutrition.