Soup harira or Moroccan soup It is one of the foods that is usually taken to break the fast in the month of Ramadan, although it can be taken at any other time of the year. This recipe, being so traditional, has many variations, but if there is one thing that is never missing harira soup or Moroccan soup It’s tomatoes and legumes, two of the main ingredients in this recipe.
Next we are going to share one version of this traditional recipe, in which two types legumes, peas and lentils. yes this Traditional Arabic recipe It requires a long preparation time, so if you want to make it at home, it’s best to do it on a day when you have plenty of time.
Ingredients for harira or Moroccan soup
Remember that chickpeas and lentils should be pre-soaked in two different containers. If you are in a hurry, you can replace the cooking of these two legumes with the boats in which they have already been cooked.
- We cut onion and stalks of celery too thin to cook before. Put it in a pot with a little extra virgin olive oil and let it cook.
- While the onion and celery are cooked, we cook meat by cutting them into approximately 2.5 cm cubes, they will cook much better this way.
- Add the meat to the pot and fry for a few minutes with the onion and celery stalks.
- Add salt, pepper and the rest of the spices. to give the meat a good taste. We also add parsley and cilantro to cut
- When the meat is half ready, put it tomatoes, chicken stock, saffron powder and grains. We mix everything very well and let it cook. As a general rule, it is cooked on low heat, so it will take several hours. In this process, it is important to make sure that the broth in the pot does not run out.
- Once they are cooked peas, lentils and meatwe can put out the fire and let it rest for a few minutes. It is served with a little lemon.
Although this is a traditional method, you can use a pressure cooker if you want to cook it faster harira or Moroccan soup.