Papaya is one of the favorite fruits of most Colombians, although there are some people who cannot stand its smell or flavor. However, it is so tender and fleshy that it can be used in various culinary preparations, as well as being a great ally for health.
Potential benefits of consuming it include a lower risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. They aid digestion, eliminate parasites, improve blood glucose control, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, and improve wound healing, according to the journal. Medical news today.
In reality, With half a papaya, almost double the daily requirement in vitamin C and a quarter of provitamin A in the form of beta-carotene are covered. Also, 38% of the contribution of folic acid is saturated, and about 20% of vitamin E, according to the portal specialized in health, body and mind.
In addition, it is rich in potassium. Half a piece provides the sixth part that the body needs per day of this mineral. Papaya is notable for its high content of papain, a digestive enzyme that facilitates the digestion of proteins and other heavy substances for the colon.
Thanks to its high fiber and water content, it helps prevent constipation, and promote regularity of the digestive system, according to the GastroLabWeb portal.. This fruit in itself has many properties So that the intestines are clean, Thanks to the large amount of fiber it contains and its detoxifying power, which is why it eliminates parasites, according to the magazine Sports World, In the beauty and health department.
Papaya juice with kefir to eliminate parasites:
- 100 grams of peeled papaya.
- 15 pieces of papaya.
- 100 grams of kefir.
- Stevia or sweetener to taste.
- For its preparation, everything must be mixed in a blender and served.
Papaya and pineapple juice
- 200 grams of papaya
- 200 grams of pineapple
- 1 cup of water
- Clean the papaya and pineapple, remove the skin, cut it into pieces and put it in a blender, add water (crushed ice or cold water can be used to make it fresh) and grind until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Serve and drink the juice as soon as it is ready.
- It is recommended to drink a cup in the morning, preferably on an empty stomach, and wait 20 minutes before eating something solid. And if a nutritionist recommends it (it depends on each case), drink another cup at night, at least an hour before bedtime.
Papaya juice and oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons of oats.
- 3 slices of papaya without seeds and skin.
- 1 cup of water.
- sugar or sweetener as desired.
Tips for getting the best results
In order to have an effective colon cleanse, it is advised to accompany the consumption of papaya juice with an increase in daily intake, making sure to drink between six and eight cups per day.
similarly, During the seven days of detoxification it is necessary to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables and to reduce saturated fats, sugars and flour.
Finally, it should be borne in mind that this drink is a food supplement and should not be used as the basis of a diet. It is important to plan a well-balanced menu that includes all groups of nutrients and in the right portions.